Want to get involved? We’re always on the lookout for people who are passionate about community and wellbeing to join us!
There are lots of ways you can take part:
- Take part on the day to help the event run safely and smoothly.
- Opportunities involve assisting in workshops, helping with refreshments, welcoming participants, stewarding, maintaining health and safety procedures, and many more!
- Join our steering group – help guide the festival, and ensure that local people are at the heart of the event.
- Contact us to apply
Become a Sponsor
To help make Welland a success we rely on our wonderful sponsors and are always on the lookout for organisations/people who might like to help!
We’ve received generous funding from 509 Arts, The National Lottery Community Fund, and Calderdale Council for the 2019 festival and mini events programme, and last year lots of private businesses based in Elland helped us too!
Would you/your organisation like to help? By sponsoring us you will be promoted via the festival and will also be able to access our other wellbeing services, including our unique Team Well programme for workplaces! Get in touch for more info.
Provide an activity or service
- Do you run a creative and inspiring business in Elland or the surrounding area that helps local people enhance their health and wellbeing?
- Can you provide an activity/service that is fully inclusive?
- Would you like your business to be part of the festival?
Spread the word
- Can you help us advertise through local press, radio and magazine sources?
- Can you help us with online and social media advertising?
- Do you have some time spare to help us distribute flyers and information across the area?
- Can you help in another way that we haven’t thought of or do you have an idea?!
- We want to hear from you!
By giving your time, ideas and/or expertise to Welland, we will be able to demonstrate the wonderful potential our town has, helping to boost happiness and quality of life for Elland’s community.
“This has been such a wonderful experience for me. It was my first time volunteering and I really enjoyed giving my time to an event that had the interests of the community at its heart.”
“Welland has given us a sense of community back and has encouraged us to become more active in Elland life. We are now eager to take part in community events and invest in local business in and around Elland.”