We’re calling on local people who want to play a part in getting their town back on track to donate their time and/or expertise to help make it happen! It’s incredibly important that Welland is a festival that is run by and for local people – without you, we can’t make it happen!
If you’d like to help there are lots of ways you can get involved:
Volunteer on the day
- Take part on the day to help the event run safely and smoothly.
- Opportunities will involve assisting in workshops, helping with refreshments, welcoming participants, stewarding, maintaining health and safety procedures, and many more!
- Contact us to register!
Join our Steering Group
Want to have your say on what should happen at the festival and for Elland’s community? By joining our steering group of local people you will help guide the festival, and ensure that local people are at the heart of the event. The group will meet approximately once a month in the run up to the festival.
To help make Welland a success we rely on our wonderful sponsors and are always on the lookout for organisations/people who might like to help!
Would you/your organisation like to help? By sponsoring us you will be promoted via the festival and will also be able to access our other wellbeing services, including our unique Team Well programme for workplaces! Get in touch for more info.
Provide an activity or service
- Do you run a creative and inspiring business in Elland or the surrounding area that helps local people enhance their health and wellbeing?
- Can you provide an activity/service that is fully inclusive?
- Would you like your business to be part of the festival?
Advertising and Promotion
- Can you help us advertise through local press, radio and magazine sources?
- Can you help us with online and social media advertising?
- Do you have some time spare to help us distribute flyers and information across the area?
- Can you help in another way that we haven’t thought of or do you have an idea?!
- We want to hear from you!
By giving your time, ideas and/or expertise to Welland, we will be able to demonstrate the wonderful potential our town has, helping to boost happiness and quality of life for Elland’s community. It’s time to make a positive change to help our local community flourish again!
“This has been such a wonderful experience for me. It was my first time volunteering and I really enjoyed giving my time to an event that had the interests of the community at its heart.”
“Welland has given us a sense of community back and has encouraged us to become more active in Elland life. We are now eager to take part in community events and invest in local business in and around Elland.”